As a teacher, I take a comprehensive pedagogical approach which includes technical, musical, historical, and theoretical study of the clarinet and its repertoire. I adapt my instruction to fit each unique student and their individual learning style by blending contemporary techniques and traditional concepts . My students are challenged to make informed musical decisions based on historical performance practice and analysis of the composition and composer. I craft an individualized curriculum for each student which includes warm-up techniques, scales, etudes, orchestral excerpts, solo/chamber repertoire, extended techniques, posture/relaxation, breathing, and reed break-in/adjustment.
I currently maintain a private clarinet studio in Miami, FL in addition to serving as a Woodwind Teaching Artist with the Miami Music Project and a Woodwind Clinician for Westmister Christian School and Scheck Hillel Community School. My former students regularly earned “superior” ratings at annual Solo & Ensemble festivals and have auditioned into the Columbus (OH) Youth Symphony, The Ohio State University Honor Band, and the Ohio All-State Band
- Daily Warmup Packet – Long tones, finger exercises, and articulation studies for daily use.
- Full Range Chromatic Fingerings – Standard chromatic fingerings for use in the chromatic scale. Shaded fingers are optional for resonance/pitch correction.
- Blank Fingering Page Templates
- Intonation Tracking – Used to track pitch tendencies of given fingerings
Lists of Repertoire, Pedagogy Materials, and Research Sources
These lists are by no means comprehensive, but are frequently updated with links to parts, further information, composer websites, etc. as they are available.
- Solo Clarinet Repertoire and Methods – Concertos, Clarinet and Piano, Unaccompanied, Clarinet and Electronics, Methods and Scales, Orchestral Excerpts, Basic Pedagogy Materials
- Chamber music repertoire featuring the clarinet – Duos, Duos with Piano, Trios, Trios with Piano, Quartets, Quintets, Mixed Ensembles of 6+ Instruments
- Clarinet Research Resources – History, Reed making/adjusting, Repertoire lists, Extended techniques, Repertoire Performance Guide Articles